Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blog #8

               I am having a lot of issues with my research paper. The biggest issue is simply motivation.  Not having an actual due date for the paper is making me keep putting it off.  I have about three pages of stuff but it’s not very well put together yet and having to write a total of three papers (two for this class and one for another) is really making me not want to do it at all. Or more to the point, not do any of them at all. I will find the motivation; it’s just taking a while.
                I’m pretty sure what I want to go into the paper. I want to talk about how literacy levels are dropping because of the drop in literary reading. I know I want to talk about the difference between literary reading and just plain reading. I know for sure I want to talk about the benefits of reading and how a book can make you feel, and of how it affects people as adults if they have poor reading and writing skills.
                I really like my topic for my research paper, but my biggest concern is not being able to do it justice. There are so many different opinions on the subject, and I know what I think about reading. How will I be able to convince someone that they should read when people’s lives are so busy nowadays? I hope that my muse will talk to me and help me out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment