Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blog number 1

I'm not entirely sure whether I am supposed to write about the pages at the front of the book or the short stories. I am fairly certain that this post is supposed to be about the front of the book, so I will write about those, and if I am wrong then I am wrong.

I was never a very good student. I can't say I ever remember reading any of the tips from the book and if I did it was very long ago.  Having said that I can say that almost all of what I read is new to me.  I don't recall ever hearing about writing templates like what was in the book, so it is all very informative for me. 

I can also say that I have never had to write a summary before, either.  All of my writing experience came last semester in English 101.  I take everything I read and try ro apply it to what I write and to the informal summary we have to write and hope I am interpreting what I read to what I write.  I do watch the Daily Show, so that reference helped me to understand a little better about that part of what I read.

I also appreciated the page of verbs to introduce summaries and quotations.  I would probably have used he said and she believes too much had I not seen that page, and the idea of it being a conversation does help.

As I said before, I hope I can apply these tips and ideas to my own writing effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment