Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blog number two

I am really not sure what my strengths are when it comes to writing. Maybe it's that I am sure about what I want my writing to say. The problem is that I don't know how to put it to paper so that it sounds as good as it did in my head.

 As for was this essay hard…yes it was. I find all of my papers to be difficult. I didn’t think I did that badly, but I went to an English tutor and it turns out it was not all that great. It was a not easy for me to hear that especially since I already struggle with my writing. I know I am not the best writer, but I got an A last semester. Could I really have been good enough for that grade last semester and not good enough this semester? It made me want to give up. I don’t know if I were to do it over it would be any better. I can improve upon what I have done, but to be told I have to start over or to even tell myself it was so bad I need to do it over would be awful. I probably wouldn’t do it. I struggle so much as it is.

As for whether I enjoy writing, I don’t. I used to want to be a writer when I was younger. I even won first place in a young author’s contest. I love to read and I know how I feel when I read a good book or poem and I wanted to be able to do that, too. It ended up being harder than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment