Monday, October 11, 2010

Research paper free write

What interests me outside of school? Well, I am not in any sports, but I do enjoy watching baseball. I am not in any clubs, but I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa and was just invited to join Alpha Beta Gamma and the National Technical Honor Society. As a high school dropout and former poor student I am proud of how well I have been doing so far in school.
What upsets me about the evening news? A lot. The biggest thing lately is Arizona’s SB1070. I am against it. The news is too depressing so I very rarely watch it anyway. I haven’t read the paper in so long and the only thing I would look for in it was the crossword puzzle and the weekly ads.
I am not into world affairs so much. I'm taking five classes this semester and the work is kicking my butt so that is what occupies my mind a lot. I did hear that those Chilean miners were going to be coming up soon. It’s only been what, two months or so.
I do love to read. Absolutely love it! I love being transported to a different place and I love the way a good book makes me feel. Whether it is sad, mad, happy or anything in between.  And I do love to watch movies and television, but I do not really enjoy reality TV. Dancing with the Stars is about as real as I will go. As for movies I like all kinds. I like movies with a lot of action and explosions, I like romances and comedies. I sometimes even watch foreign films. Yes, I sometimes like to go to a movie and not have to do too much thinking about what the movie really means.
What I think about every day is the fact that I am unemployed and how hard it is to be without any income. Having to basically mooch off of my nearly retired mother is something that really bothers me. I am afraid I won’t be able to find a job even with my newly acquired education. That keeps me up at night.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot of people say that no one reads anymore. Can you argue that people do read and what they are buying/reading?

    ReplyDelete