Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog #5

The evaluative summary was and still is very difficult for me.

 I don't think my grammar is that bad. There are certainly some things I don't know how to properly put into words, but I still think I make sense when I write them.

I think my summary was okay. I had no idea how long the summary should be. One page? Half a page? It was only supposed to be a two page paper so how much should be given to the actual summary? Having never written a summary before I had no idea what to do and my grade reflected that and because of this I am having a hard time even trying to begin to rewrite it. How can I write something when I don’t know what it is supposed to look like? I can read about it, but just reading about something isn’t enough for me, not when I am trying to learn.

I think my opinion is definitely in the paper; it just wasn’t the opinion that was required for this paper, so because of this the paper I wrote wasn’t appropriate for the assignment. Basically, I didn’t do the assignment and, again, my grade reflected that.

Another issue I think I have is the order of the paper. Where does my thesis go if the first thing I am supposed to do is summarize? I don’t even think I know what my thesis is, and the thought of having to rewrite the whole paper is making me put it off. All the work I put into the first one and it was all wrong—how do I motivate myself to write another when all I am thinking is that it will be all wrong all over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment